Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Workout Apps

Fitocracy, My Fitness Pal, etc, etc.  There is clearly a market for fitness apps out there.  Despite my tech savvy, I have to admit that for the last year I have been counting calories in my head.  It's kind of a Rain Man thing I can do, but just about everything I read says you need to account for everything.   So I'm thinking about an app.  Part of me is just Luddite enough to want to journal and count with pen and paper, but I'm curious what apps people are using.  I downloaded My Fitness Pal around Thanksgiving, but I used it for about three days...it just seemed like kind of a pain in the ass to look find and enter the foods I was eating.  Of course, it was free, and you get what you pay for.  Any recommendations?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Travis,

    Amy and I have used SparkPeople in the past, but it could be kind of a pain. GNC used to have a good one, but I don't know if it's still out there.

    Any calorie-counting appliance (fitbit, BodyBugg) comes with stuff, but it's all variations on a theme.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete